Saturday, November 8, 2008

In My Backyard

The place blogging site I liked very much was Online Boston, because it took me right to the individual blogs of some interesting people, and it's fun to think of these good writers living in my neighborhood somewhere, shopping at my grocery store, etc... The other sites didn't do that much for me. I read the story of how American Towns got started and it was very commendable, but the site itself was too canned and commercial -- the same real estate story about the conventional wisdom of buying a home for my "town" was posted verbatim on the pages for other towns, with the word "Massachusetts" changed to the appropriate state name for the other towns. Blecch. But I came across a lot of witty people at Online Boston - that's a keeper!

No comments: